Saturday, June 6, 2009

Prima's Class Bakers and Confectioner

Prima's Bakery --- Delicious Cakes

Address:
11TH Main Road 2nd Avenue Anna Nagar, Chennai- 600040
Phone: 044-26211318
Locality: Anna Nagar
Landmark:Opposite Santhosh supermarket
Cuisine Type:
Cakes,puffs and other bakery items

I always cross through the road thinking this bakery wont be good , But when I inquired from the locals in Annanagar ,They conveyed shop has been there for more than 10 years . So I decided to give a try. Was it worth it.

Ya, the Prima bakery was one the most tasty bakery I have ever visited . The cakes where delicious . You must try the Butterscotch cake (RS25) it was the best for the cost I Paid . The bakery is clean and well maintained . The staffs are very well coordinated and the service is excellent . The also have Pan pizza( Rs15) and PIZZAS. The Pan Pizza is the smaller version of the pizza .They have variety of Tarte (strawberry, blueberry,cashew ,almond) Rs12 each.Tarte are similar to pie's. The cakes range from Rs10 to Rs25, with variety of flavors and topping to mention some in Rs12 range (Pista cake , Strawberry cake,Choco nut cake ,Japanese cake,Vanilla cakes, Chocolate cakes ) .


The Mouche and Blackforest (Rs25) are really worth the try . I also tried the Mango Chocolate cake(Rs25) which was tasting different but good . The Puffs(Rs8) and samosa(Rs5) sell very fast , By 4:00pm all the puffs and somosas are over .The have Apple and Badam slice cakes(Rs12) which I felt where not so good The prices are very nominal .The Chicken Garlic Roll(Rs17) had a different taste that I have never tried.They also sell bread which is prepared daily . Cake orders are also taken.



You also have Murruku(Rs17) ,Seedai(Rs12),Masala Peanut(Rs12),Cup Cakes(Rs12), plum cakes(Rs40) which are in packets for taking home .The snacks item which I bought home where also tasty .The rates of these where are also moderate .

You can also get Brownie and egg less Banana Cake (Rs8) . The Prima's bakery is a budget bakery with quality satisfied.
The bakery can be made bigger for the crowd it attracts and more space for people to eat .There is space in the balcony with chairs provided for people to have the items.

I would rate this place 8.5/10

Additional Information

  • No credit card
  • Moderate Price -- Rs 100 for 2
  • Express Service
  • Air conditioned

8 comments:

  1. Prima's is gr8! I read about a place called 36 Degrees that also has great pasteries, shakes and ice creams on FindNearYou.com. I have not visited the place yet. Do visit and tell me how it was. For adress and more details read here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been getting the birthday cakes for my kids since 1999. Once i have experienced the best service from Primas and never changed the shop for cakes ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 06/10/10 Time 11.53 AM
    Prima's Bakery,11th Main Rd.Anna Nagar.Ch 600040
    I hv been a regular customer from Year 2000 and always felt nice buying from PB.I always buy murkus,patties,pasteries,bread,pitza base,savouries,jams and sauces.I bought a Cremica Mustard sauce(Mrs.Butlers)for Rs.55/-or Rs.58/- on 05/10/10 at 11.15 am and the same was manufactured in Feb 2010( Noticed at Home).(Last Bottle).I asked for another bottle and they said there is no other stock.I opened the same at home and found the inner seal was not there and it smelt of old stock.I went on 6/10/10 to return the same at 11AM and the store person asked me for the bill which was not with me.Trust made me throw away the bill which I always did.I asked him to check the bill from the previous data on the computer and also helped him with the other items purchased alongwith it.The person was extremely rude and refused to change or take return of the old stock.I was surprised and shocked at his attitude in spite of knowing that the stock is old.I also noticed on 6/10/10 that there were six bottles of the same sauce shown by the person to me which had manufacturing date of July 2010.Your shop attitude is to sell out old stocks first and never to satisfy a customer. The sauce was left behind by me and is with the person at the shop.If you do not change the same or refund the moneyby 10/10/10,I will approach the customer redressal forum in Shanthi Colony alongwith claim to other charges for mental agony,conveyance incurred and all legal costs.
    Affected Customer,
    Meena Nambyar
    9445402048

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr.Devaraj,Manager of PB has promised to refund the amount as per my visit soon.He agreed that the person had done the wrong thing by his wrong attitude and apologised on his behalf.Thanks for the quick action taken.
    Meena N

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prima Bakery is good this is the place I ordered cake for my son's 1st birthday and they did not disapoint us...GOOD WORK....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u

    Birthday Cakes in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Post. Thanks you for sharing information.
    Plum cakes in Chennai

    ReplyDelete