Saturday, April 18, 2009

Introduction

Hi All... This is Deepak from Nungumbakkam I am going to take you around this wonderful city where I was born and still living . The journey has been interesting in the city ...

I would me sharing my views on the places I visit . What more ?? Food ,Culture and happening in this tinsel town .

I would be updating this blog daily on events that I see and my experience .. Please share your comments .....

Chennai History

Chennai, in the past known as Madras, is the capital of the great state Tamil Nadu and one of the four metropolitan cities in India. It is situated in the southern part of India.

This city is only 350 years old and it grew up under the influence of an English settlement of Fort Saint George, with the time it absorbed the towns and villages in the surrounding.
The British influence didn’t hinder Chennai in keeping its traditional Tamil Hindu culture.

The city has a wide extension of about 180 square kilometres and is one of the most important trading centres of India.
Chennai is well connected by road, rail and air to other important cities and is also a sea port.

In 1639 Chennai was a little fisherman’s village, nowadays it is one of the biggest and more beautiful cities of India.

No comments:

Post a Comment